I think at they should move away from zero tolerance policy because giving kids a second chance to get back on track is better than giving them tickets for bad decisions that they would regret doing later on. Many kids that start getting tickets for drugs, graffiti and bullying at a young age are boosting their chances of dropping out of school by 4 times more than if they were to not get tickets. E.T.
Yes, I think LA schools should move away from zero tolerance policy because when they are treating minor offenses with police actions, the students are more likely to drop out of school and to get in more serious trouble with the law. Also, if a high schooler gets their first arrest and court appearance, it quadruples the likelihood of dropping out of school. Instead of getting tickets I think that they should be getting counseling and help D. K
I do believe that LA schools should move away from a zero tolerance policy. I believe that punishing the student will not always be best when it comes to handling the situation. What do they learn when they're suspended, or given a fine to pay? I think that if they are suspended, they won't think of it as being a huge deal. Some students may think of it as a few days off from school. Others, if a fine must be paid, some students might not care because its not their money, it's their parents. A girl named Kieta Perez said herself, "We should be getting counseling ... to find the root causes of our problems instead of getting tickets." I agree with this statement. Tickets wont help solve anything, but counseling, and talking it out to find the main sourse of the probelm will.
Yes I do think LA schools should move away from zero tolerance policy. Instead of getting a citation and most likely going to prison they can get help at counseling. "Rather then receiving truancy tickets,students will be directed to 13 youth centers, said school police chief Steven Zipperman."The kids can talk about their problems and maybe start a new life with no crime and try to finish school and get a job. In the article it says "we should be getting counseling ... To find the root causes of our problems instead if getting tickets," one girl said. The move away from these areas could make people worse but it could also help a lot of kids who are trying to make their lives better. A.D
I think that the LA schools should move away from zero tolerance policy because the kids in LA are also going to be part of the future no matter what they do. Kids need to stay in so they get a good education and grow up to be successful people in the world. They need to help and encourage students with school and there weakness. They should not if e the kids because some people can't afford to pay. Which then they have to go to court. " Kieta Perez 16 received a citation for disturbing the peace two years ago when she got into the fight at Crenshaw High School. The ticket was eventually dismissed but Kieta had to miss 3 days of school to deal with it and never got the chance to work out the tensions with other students."
I think that LA schools should move away from zero tolerance policy because kids in school need to get a good education and stay in school but if they drop out, they won't be able to do so. Instead of getting tickets for getting in trouble, they should get counseling. I think that because when kids get tickets they will most likely keep getting in trouble and some will even drop out of school. But if they give the kids counseling, that would help the kids find there problem and get help and strategies to overcome their issues and become better kids and to get a good education. N.B
I think at they should move away from zero tolerance policy because giving kids a second chance to get back on track is better than giving them tickets for bad decisions that they would regret doing later on. Many kids that start getting tickets for drugs, graffiti and bullying at a young age are boosting their chances of dropping out of school by 4 times more than if they were to not get tickets.
ReplyDeleteE.T.
Yes, I think LA schools should move away from zero tolerance policy because when they are treating minor offenses with police actions, the students are more likely to drop out of school and to get in more serious trouble with the law. Also, if a high schooler gets their first arrest and court appearance, it quadruples the likelihood of dropping out of school. Instead of getting tickets I think that they should be getting counseling and help
ReplyDeleteD. K
I do believe that LA schools should move away from a zero tolerance policy. I believe that punishing the student will not always be best when it comes to handling the situation. What do they learn when they're suspended, or given a fine to pay? I think that if they are suspended, they won't think of it as being a huge deal. Some students may think of it as a few days off from school. Others, if a fine must be paid, some students might not care because its not their money, it's their parents. A girl named Kieta Perez said herself, "We should be getting counseling ... to find the root causes of our problems instead of getting tickets." I agree with this statement. Tickets wont help solve anything, but counseling, and talking it out to find the main sourse of the probelm will.
ReplyDeleteF.W.
Yes I do think LA schools should move away from zero tolerance policy. Instead of getting a citation and most likely going to prison they can get help at counseling. "Rather then receiving truancy tickets,students will be directed to 13 youth centers, said school police chief Steven Zipperman."The kids can talk about their problems and maybe start a new life with no crime and try to finish school and get a job. In the article it says "we should be getting counseling ... To find the root causes of our problems instead if getting tickets," one girl said. The move away from these areas could make people worse but it could also help a lot of kids who are trying to make their lives better.
ReplyDeleteA.D
I think that the LA schools should move away from zero tolerance policy because the kids in LA are also going to be part of the future no matter what they do. Kids need to stay in so they get a good education and grow up to be successful people in the world. They need to help and encourage students with school and there weakness. They should not if e the kids because some people can't afford to pay. Which then they have to go to court. " Kieta Perez 16 received a citation for disturbing the peace two years ago when she got into the fight at Crenshaw High School. The ticket was eventually dismissed but Kieta had to miss 3 days of school to deal with it and never got the chance to work out the tensions with other students."
ReplyDeleteI think that LA schools should move away from zero tolerance policy because kids in school need to get a good education and stay in school but if they drop out, they won't be able to do so. Instead of getting tickets for getting in trouble, they should get counseling. I think that because when kids get tickets they will most likely keep getting in trouble and some will even drop out of school. But if they give the kids counseling, that would help the kids find there problem and get help and strategies to overcome their issues and become better kids and to get a good education.
ReplyDeleteN.B